I’m excited to be participating in my first ever Movie Monday Challenge! On the last Monday of each month, a group of bloggers participate in a #MovieMondayChallenge, hosted by C’mon Get Crafty! We decide on a topic, genre, or specific movie to use for inspiration and everyone gets free reign to create something wonderful! This month’s focus was school themed movies, so I chose Clueless, which inspired my fall pumpkin floral arrangement.
Okay, I’m sure you’re wondering how the movie Clueless ties in with a fall pumpkin floral arrangement, right? Well, after watching Clueless, all I could focus on were the plaid outfits! Plaid was everywhere – plaid skirts, plaid jackets, plaid sweaters, plaid shirts, plaid, plaid, and more plaid! ⇓⇓⇓ It was a plaid overload.
AS IF! I would never wear plaid head to toe like Cher (Alicia Silverstone) or Dionne (Stacey Dash), but plaid does fit in nicely with modern fall decorating. So, what better way to incorporate some plaid than to add it to a fall pumpkin floral arrangement.
In case you’ve never seen Clueless, watch the trailer to get a feel of this 90’s comedy about adolescent life in Beverly Hills.
Fall Pumpkin Floral Arrangement
[Tweet “Easy DIY Fall Pumpkin Floral Arrangement #MovieMondayChallenge”]
- small craft pumpkin (larger pumpkins will require more flowers)
- plaid ribbon
- various fall flowers to match plaid ribbon (I used one large focal flower, three medium flowers, 2 smaller flowers, two leaf sprays, and several wheat sprays)
- styrofoam/floral foam
- hot glue/glue gun
- serrated knife
- hot knife
- wire cutters
- wood skewer/stick
- Cut off the top of the pumpkin with a hot knife.
- Use serrated knife and cut foam to fit snugly inside the pumpkin.
- Glue foam in place.
- Get creative and fill in the pumpkin with flowers.
- Add a wood skewer to the bottom of the pumpkin cap and place in the back of the arrangement.
- Wrap the plaid ribbon around the pumpkin and make a bow under the flowers.
Now, step back and enjoy your new fall pumpkin floral arrangement. Place it a table, on a counter, in your entryway, or any place that needs a little fall decoration.
Now let’s see what everyone else was inspired to create for this month’s #MovieMondayChallenge!! If you’d like to join our Facebook group, you can request an invite here.