Create a easy DIY eyelash yarn Halloween pumpkin with plain dollar store pumpkins, eyelash yarn, and paint!
Ok, I have to admit that I wasn’t going to do any major Halloween crafts because I wasn’t feeling the Halloween spirit this year. But to be honest, October is the month that kicks off the fall/winter decorating and it’s something I really look forward to. Sooooooo….I dug through my craft stash and decided to use what I have and create some simple Halloween decor to satisfy my Halloween decorating itch.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to use dollar store pumpkins. You can use any foam or funkin pumpkin to create these easy DIY eyelash yarn Halloween pumpkins. You can even color the pumpkins to match any eyelash yarn color or even make contrasting colored yarn pumpkins. Just have fun and get creative.
- foam pumpkin
- black acrylic or chalk paint (only needed if pumpkin is not black)
- black eyelash yarn
- optional - twig for pumpkin stem
- optional - mini spiders
- optional - glitter
- hot glue gun & glue sticks
- large paint brush or foam brush
- optional - small paint brush
- optional - Mod Podge
1. If the pumpkin is not black, paint it black. Let dry. Optional - Remove the stem on the faux pumpkin. Paint the area black where the stem was and paint another coat on the pumpkin if needed. Note: I leave the stem on for the first coat to hold onto as I paint.
2. At the top, where the stem was, add a small line of glue in the grove of the pumpkin. Press the end of the eyelash yarn into the glue. Following the pumpkin groove, add a bit of glue every 2-3 inches and continue pressing the yarn into it until it reaches the opposite side. Cut yarn. Continue to do this until all the grooves are covered.
3. Optional - If the original stem was removed, replace it with a cut wooden twig or your own pumpkin stem.
4. Optional - Add mini glittered spiders onto the pumpkin. I used mini spiders that I pulled off dollar store Halloween flowers. They already had glitter on them, but I added more by coating them with Mod Podge and sprinkling more glitter on top.
- You can use any color eyelash yarn and paint the pumpkin to match the yarn.
- Variation would be to cover the entire pumpkin with eyelash yarn for a fuzzy pumpkin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Paint Brushes Set 10 Pieces Professional Fine Tip Paint Brush Set
Hot Glue Gun, Cobiz Full Size (Not Mini) 60/100W Dual Power High Temp Heavy Duty Melt Glue Gun Kit with 10 Pcs Premium Glue Sticks
DecoArt Crafter's Acrylic Paint, 2-Ounce, Black
Foam Carvable Pumpkin Decoration
Large 100 Gram Skein Black Eyelash Dazzle Metallic Eyelash Yarn