I know Thanksgiving hasn’t passed, but it’s time to think about all things Christmas! Today, I’m sharing a fun Dollar Store Snowman Ornament Makeover and a
Christmas Gift Card Giveaway!
If you want to create these dollar store snowman ornaments, I highly suggest you run down to your local Dollar Tree or order a box of these online because these will mostly likely sell out well before Christmas. These are called Crafter’s Square DIY Christmas Icon Ornaments and are available in this adorable snowman, Santa, or gingerbread shape. In stores this can be purchased individually, but is only offered in a bulk case of 54 units if ordered online. So unless if you plan on a large party of 54, I would head down to the store ASAP.
I think creating these dollar store snowman ornaments would make for a memorable activity to do with both adults and kids at a holiday party or just for fun! The great thing about this dollar store craft is that it can be kept simple or made elaborate for the seasoned crafter. Whatever your level of craftiness, it’s a fun craft to ring in the holiday season. So, let’s get to the tutorial and don’t forget to enter the
Christmas gift card giveaway too!
- Dollar Tree Crafter's Square Christmas Icon Snowman Ornament
- Paint - black (hat, eyes, mittens, mouth)*, white (hat trim and snowman body), orange (nose), Red (berries), Green (leaves)
- Snowman Filling - White paint, Iridescent shred filler, mini faux styrofoam snow
- Optional - mini buttons
- Optional -fabric for scarf
- Optional - Chunky red glitter or sequin
- Optional - black flocking powder
- Craft glue or hot glue gun/glue sticks
- Paint palette
- Small paint brushes
- Paper and tape for a mini funnel for faux snow and glitter
- Optional - If filling the ornament with paint, a cup or other item will be needed to collect the paint.
- Remove the cap at the top of the ornament.
- Fill ornament with chosen filling. For Iridescent shred, use a stick to push the filling into the ornament. For the faux snow and glitter, use a make shift paper cone as a funnel. If using white paint, roll around the ornament until the paint coats the entire inside of the ornament. Place upside down to let excess paint to drain out and let dry overnight.
- Place cap back onto the ornament. Begin painting the hat with black paint. The paint will look splotchy and will need a second and possibly a third coat. Let paint dry between coats. If not applying flocking powder, let the last coat of paint completely dry.
- Optional - If applying flocking powder, while the black paint is still wet, sprinkle on the black flocking powder. Shake off excess. Repeat this process until the entire hat is covered with flocking powder. Set aside to dry. Before proceeding, any excess flocking powder will need to be brushed off.
- Paint on the leaves and berries. Optional - use red chuck glitter or sequin to accent the berries.
- To add the eyes and mouth, use the flat end of a toothpick to apply the black paint. Use the end of a paint brush handle to apply paint to the nose. Let paint dry.
- Paint on the mittens. Let dry.
- Optional - If adding a scarf, cut out a piece of fabric that is about 1/2" wide by 12" long. I used a red and white gingham woven cotton that I frayed at the edges. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise and tie around the snowman ornament neck.
- Paint or glue on mini buttons to the belly of the snowman. Let dry.
- The last part! Take some white paint (or a color of your choice) and a very thin brush (thinner than the one shown) to paint on the snowman hat trim. Let dry.
- And it's ready to hang!
*Black chalkboard paint works well for thick coverage. Any of the paints can be changed out for chalk paint.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint in Assorted Colors (16 Ounce), 21119 White
Apple Barrel Multi Surface Acrylic Paint, 2 oz, Black 2 Fl Oz
Beistle Sparkling Snow, 2-Ounce
FolkArt K491 Paint, 2 Fl Oz (Pack of 1), Green
1LB basket filler Iridescent Paper Shred Filler Shreds Plastic Paper Shred Filler Gift Basket Filler for Easter Gift Wrapping & Basket Filling DIY Crafts Supplies Accessories
OEM Velvet Flocking Powder for Nail Art / Crafts, 12-pack with Bonus Double-sided Clear Adhesive for Women Girls Wife As Valentine's Day Gift
Crafter's Square Christmas Icon Ornaments
Faux white snow
Enter the Christmas Giveaway!
Here are the prizes:
1 – $100 Gift Card
1 – $100 Gift Card
1 – $50 Gift Card
1 – $50 Gift Card
1 – $40 Gift Card
There will be 5 winners in this giveaway. Each winner will choose an e-gift card of their choice and receive the code to use either at the online store or at the actual store of their choice.
Now it’s time to meet our wonderful co-hosts who have made this giveaway possible.
Starting at the top row we have:
Tammy – My Life Abundant | Heather –The Super Mom Life | Carrie – Curly Crafty Mom | Dana – Create to Donate | Linda – A Labour of Life | Stacey – Simple Living: Creative Learning | Debi – Life Currents | Habiba – Craftify My Love | Meredith – The Mom of the Year | Megan – The Stephen 3 | Sarah – Life in a Break Down | Beverly – Eclectic Red Barn | Erlene – My Pinterventures | Lindsay – Paperclips and Confetti | Donna – Blog By Donna | Denise – This Is My Everybody | Simple Living | Sinea – Ducks N’ A Row | Kara – Phoenix Mom Blog | Kathleen – Our Hopeful Home | Zan – At Home with Zan
Please be sure to stop by and say hi to these wonderful ladies and their blogs.
The giveaway will end at 11:59 pm on November 24th on the day before Thanksgiving. You will have 48 hours to respond to the email claiming the prize. If you respond right away, we will get you the gift card code promptly so that you can shop with it on Black Friday! If we don’t hear in 48 hours, we will have to choose another winner.
Open to anyone who can receive e gift cards from major retailers.