Get ready for a 3-part pumpkin glam series! Today, is the first pumpkin tutorial…DIY Halloween Glam Glitter Pumpkin using a foam dollar store pumpkin!
The inspiration for this 3-part pumpkin glam series is the Grandin Road glam designer pumpkins. These 3 pumpkins are gorgeous and I’m going to attempt to make all three! The Grandin Road pumpkins range in cost from $24 to $59, but since I’m doing Halloween on a budget, I’m sharing my version of the DIY Halloween Glam Glitter Pumpkin – pumpkin #1.Create an elegant Halloween Glam Glitter Pumpkin using dollar store foam pumpkins.Click To Tweet
DIY Halloween Glam Glitter Pumpkin
- small Dollar Store foam pumpkin
- black chalk paint
- paint brush
- gold metallic acrylic paint
- craft glue
- Mod Podge
- gold holographic glitter – a must for optimal sparkle!
- gold holographic sequins – found at Michaels in a 3-pack
- gold beads
- brown paper bag or butcher paper – for pumpkin stem
- hot glue gun/glue sticks – only needed if using brown paper bag/butcher paper
- white acrylic paint
Paint the entire foam pumpkin with black chalk paint. Let dry. Repeat with another coat if necessary. Let dry.
Add Mod Podge around the top of the pumpkin in a scallop design around the stem. Do this in sections. While the Mod Podge is wet, sprinkle on the gold glitter. Let dry.
- Paint the stem a metallic gold. Let dry.
Stop here or continue and add sequins, beads, and a new pumpkin stem.
For more dimension, I added gold holographic sequins in two sizes and gold beads.
Using craft glue, randomly add gold sequins and beads on top of the glitter. Let dry.
Update 9/12/2018 – I added large Swarovski crystals from my craft stash for an even more dramatic effect. You can see it —>>> HERE.
- Cut a square piece of the paper bag about 5″ x 5″ in size and crumple it up.
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half and place in the middle of crumpled paper (see image).
- Twist paper around the pipe cleaner and cut off any excess pipe cleaner that sticks out at the tip.
- Cut off the bottom of the ‘stem’ to fit the pumpkin size.
- Use hot glue and attach the paper stem to the pumpkin stem. Press, twist, and shape the stem.
- Add hot glue to any areas that may need help keeping twisted.
- Not shown – Paint the paper stem white. Let dry and paint with several coats of gold metallic paint. Let dry between coats.
I just LOVE this DIY Halloween Glam Glitter Pumpkin! These pictures just can’t do this pretty pumpkin justice….it’s so sparkly, shiny, and soooo mesmerizing!
Check out pumpkin #2
Check Out Pumpkin #3