Welcome to the June Dollar Store Craft Challenge Blog Hop! I’ve joined with 15 bloggers to share fun crafts made from items found at the dollar store. On my last visit to the dollar store, there were a lot of patriotic items and with July 4th coming up, I decided to share a tutorial on how to make a DIY Giant Pool Noodle Firecracker Decoration.
Before I get to this easy giant pool noodle firecracker decoration, here are the host of this Dollar Store Craft Challenge. Their projects are linked at the end of this post, so make sure to visit!
This Autoimmune Life • My Pinterventures
DIY Giant Pool Noodle Firecracker Decoration
- 1 pool noodle for each bundle of firecrackers
- utility knife
- wide ribbon for center of firecracker (I used white, but wanted the patriotic printed ribbons Unfortunately, everywhere was sold out! If you find some, use that instead.)
- blue curling ribbon or other decorative accent
- star wire garland
- Mark and cut the pool noodle into approximately 18″, 15″, and 13″ pieces. Feel free to customize to your own size too!
Tip – wrap tape around the pool noodle to use as a guide to cut a straight line around it.
- Tape the 3 cut pool noodles together.
- Wrap thick ribbon over the tape to hide it and tape in place.
- Wrap curling ribbon or other decorative accent over the wide ribbon and tape in place.
- Create loops with the wire garland and tie together.
- Cut the loops to resemble firecracker spray and stuff into the tops of the pool noodles.
More patriotic ideas –