We’re all about budget-friendly Halloween decor this year! So today, I’m sharing a DIY Black Twig Wreath that uses branches, glue, black paint, and dollar store items.
Since my kids are too old for Halloween, I don’t go all out for Halloween decorations anymore. So this year, I’ve been trying my best to use what we have to decorate for the ghoulish season. And when I saw this post from Earnest Home Co., I knew I had to make one with the leftover branches I had from DIY Branch Tree project.Make a twig wreath for a budget-friendly Halloween decor. Click To Tweet
DIY Black Twig Wreath
- twigs (8″ to 10″)
- black matte spray paint
- glue gun/glue sticks
Optional Dollar Store Items:
- black gauze netting
- red roses
- two black birds
- Use the most sturdy sticks to create the base of the wreath and glue the ends together to create a hexagon shape. If your sticks are shorter, a heptagon shape would also work to create a roundish shape.
- Continue to place and glue twigs onto the base form to create a round wreath shape. Don’t worry about making it perfect…you want this to look a little haphazard.
- When you get the look you like, it’s time to paint the wreath.
- Place the wreath on a covered area and spray with black paint. Let dry. Repeat until all the branches are painted black.
- If you like a plain and simple look, stop here and hang it!
Note: A black ribbon or twine may need to be added for hanging.
- If you want to embellish the wreath further, hot glue on black netting, roses, and a few birds for interest.
I can’t decide if I like it better plain or embellished? Which version do you like?
For more Fall & Halloween ideas, head over to the Hello, Fall Link Party! Opens on September 17 at 4am PST.