Spring is in full swing and if you’re like me, it marks the start of spring cleaning fever. While I tend to clean what I see on a daily basis and try my best to keep up with deep cleaning, there are still places that I tend to forget or put off for later (mostly I put it off for later). To help make cleaning these areas a little easier for all of us, I’ve rounded up deep cleaning tips for 18 places we tend to forget to clean regularly.
Deep Cleaning Tips: Kitchen
I think for the most part, we tend to keep our kitchens pretty clean. However, there are a few areas that don’t always get our daily clean loving.
- How to Clean a Greasy Range Hood Filter @The Kitchn – Uses Dawn soap and very hot water
- How to Clean that Greasy Stove Hood @One Good Thing by Jillee – Uses boiling water and baking soda
- How to Clean Range Hood Grease Filter @Compact Appliance – Uses hot water and auto degreaser
- How to Black Scorch Marks Off Gas Burners & Stove Top @eHow – Tips on how to clean enamel, stainless steel stove tops and burners
- How to Properly Clean Your Electric Stove @Family Handyman – How to remove and clean the burner assembly
- 3 Quick (and Foolproof) Ways to Clean Your Stovetop Burner Grates @Taste of Home
– Shares 3 ways to clean gas stove grates: ammonia, degreasers, and baking soda. I have tried the ammonia method and it works great, but I suggest doing this outdoors due to the fumes.
- How to Refinish Stove Grates @SF Gate – How to remove grease build-up and how to repaint your grates
- How to Clean Your Dishwasher @My Frugal Adventures – Uses vinegar
- How to Clean Your Dishwasher @Tidy Mom – Uses vinegar, baking soda, and removes parts
- How to Clean Your Dishwasher @One Good Thing by Jillee – Uses vinegar, baking soda, and tips on mold/mildew problems
- When the last time you cleaned the grate at the bottom of your refrigerator? Most of these are clipped on and can be removed and washed. It’s also a good idea to vaccum the dust that collects under the fridge behind that grate.
- How to Clean the Tops of Greasy Cabinets @My Pinterventures – How to clean using baking soda/vinegar and with chemicals. Tip to keep it clean.
- How to Clean Grease from Kitchen Cabinet Doors @eHow – Several ways to clean kitchen cabinets
Deep Cleaning Tips: Office
When was the last time you REALLY cleaned your computer? I’m not just talking about wiping down the screen and keyboard. I’m talking about getting down-n-dirty and cleaning out the computer tower and under the keys on your keyboard. You’ll be surprised at how much dirt and dusty comes out of these areas. Buy a can of air to help get the debris that falls into your keyboard.
- How to clean your computer: Computer Maintenance 101 @Julieverse – General tips on how to clean your computer tower
- Cleaning the Computer and it’s Components @Computer Hope – Has tips on how to clean almost everything on your computer: keyboard, mouse, screen and more
- How to Clean Your Computer Keyboard Safely @The Mamas Girls – Uses magic eraser and compressed air
- How to Clean a Keyboard @How to Clean Things – This is a deep clean step-by-step on getting under the keys
- How to Clean your Keyboard, Cellphone, Tablet, and other Electronics @Real Simple – Tips on what type of commercial items to use to clean the keyboard
Deep Cleaning Tips: Living Room
I know the living room is the gathering place in our house. It’s a place that everyone gravitates to and is always in need of cleaning.
- Clean a Remote Control @Mashable – Uses rubbing alcohol, cotton swabs, toothbrush, and a cloth
- How to Clean a Remote Control @NYTimes – adresses the outside and inside for performance issues.
- How to Clean a Fan @Proline Range Hoods – How to clean round portable fans, box fans, and ceiling gan.
- How to Clean Your Box Fan @Hub Pages – Requires a screwdriver, sprayer, vacuum, cloth, and more.
- How to Clean Upholstered Furniture @Tidy Mom – Deep clean upholstered furniture with a Rug Doctor and tips on how to properly do it.
- How to Clean Your Microfiber Furniture the Safe and Easy Way @One Good Thing – Teaches you how to assess your furniture and what to use to clean it.
- Deep Clean Your Natural Fiber Couch for Better Snuggling @PopSugar
Deep Cleaning Tips: Bedroom
The bedroom is our sanctuary after a hard day, which is why we need to spend the extra time to keep this room clean.
- How to Clean a Mattress @Better Home and Gardens – Use a vacuum or beat it outside
- Spring Clean Your Mattress @Make It Do – Uses baking soda, vacuum, and essential oil
- How to Clean a Mattress: A Step-by-Step Guide @My Slumber Yard – Tips on cleaning your mattress and several stains too
- How to Wash and Whiten Yellowed Pillows @One Good Thing by Jillee
- Clean Your Pillows! @Clean My Space – Tips on how to load pillows into different washers with drying tips
- How to Clean and Dry Your Pillows @My Frugal Adventures – Similar to #2 with a few more details
Deep Cleaning Tips: Laundry Room
Who knew the place you wash your clothes could get so dirty? Do you remember the last time your cleaned your wash machine and dryer?
- How to Clean Your Washing Machine @Clean and Scentsible – How to clean your front loader
- How to Clean a Top Load Washing Machine with Vinegar and Bleach @Practically Functional
- Dryer Vent Cleaning @About Home – Through step-by-step on cleaning the dryer vents
- How to Clean Your Dryer @Clean and Scentsible
Deep Cleaning Tips: Patio
I’m so ready for summer grilling and here are some great tips to get your BBQ grill ready.
- How to Clean an Outdoor Rug @Better Homes and Gardens
- How to Easily Clean an Outdoor Rug @Famil Handyman
- How Clean an Outdoor Deck The Right Way @Trex Protect
- Homemade Deck Cleaner @Bob Villa
- Clean Your Air Conditioner Condenser Unit @The Family Handyman
- Cleaning BBQ Grills The Magic Way @Made from Pinterest – Uses ammonia for grill cleaning
- Free-for-all: Summer Done Bright @House Tweaking – cleaning the entire grill
- How to Clean Your BBQ Grill @Cherished Bliss – cleaning the grill with Tide Oxiclean
- Clean Your BBQ! @Clean My Space – Great tips on maintenance and cleaning how to
Deep Cleaning Tips: Cleaning Tools/Vacuum
I almost forgot! When was the last time you cleaned your cleaning tools? I know I clean my vacuum when the suctions decreases or my girls’ hair clogs up the roller, but I don’t remember when I actually deep cleaned my broom and other cleaning items.
- How to Clean A Bagless Vacuum @Angela Says
- How to Clean Your Dyson @Ask Anna – Note that this does not work for all Dyson models. Always refer to your Dyson manual for cleaning instructions or go to the Dyson website.
- How to Clean Your Cleaning Tools @One Good Thing
Now you’re ready to get your deep clean on! What’s the first deep cleaning task on your spring cleaning “to do” list?