Here’s my family’s newest snack addiction…Bell Pepper with Cream Cheese and Bacon Appetizers.
My youngest daughter found this tasty bell pepper appetizer during one of her daily Tik Tok watch sessions. She believes it was initially shared by a Tik Toker, Janelle Rohner, as a keto diet snack. The original recipe doesn’t have bacon, but I think it makes a great flavor addition.
I have to admit, when my daughter made this, I was a bit skeptical. For one, I’m not a bell pepper lover and only recently started to like it. To this day, I’ll only eat the red, orange, or yellow peppers because the taste is a bit sweeter than green ones. I know, I’m weird like that. Anyway, these bell pepper with cream cheese and bacon appetizers turned out to be such a hit. Even my picky hubby loves these.
- Bag of mini bell peppers - sub with large bell peppers cut into quarters
- box of cream cheese, slightly softened (leave out for 10 minutes) - sub with flavored cream cheese, like 2 containers of onions and chive.
- 1 bottle Everything but The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe's, sub with another brand (flavor might be slightly different)
- 2-3 thick cut bacon, cooked till crispy and chopped
- Optional - cut chives for garnish
- Wash, deseed, and cut the bell peppers in half. Pat dry any excess water. If using regular bell peppers, cut into quarters for larger sized appetizers. Use a small spoon or butter knife to fill in the bell peppers with cream cheese. Fill it up until the cream cheese is level with the sides of the bell pepper. Note: it will seem like a lot of cream cheese, but it will balance out the flavor of the bell pepper.
- Sprinkle Everything but The Bagel seasonings onto the cream cheese filled bell pepper. Next, sprinkle bacon bits onto the bell pepper, pressing it into the cream cheese. Optional - sprinkle cut chives over top for garnish and color.
- Arrange on a plate and serve.
My husband like the bell peppers filled with Philadelphia Chives and Onions cream cheese, while my daughter prefers plain cream cheese.
These can be made a day ahead for parties. Just make sure to place in an airtight container or cover tightly with plastic wrap.