Teen boys can be the hardest people to buy gifts for. I guess it’s because I’m not a boy and have no clue what teen boys want. To solve this problem, I went to the source and asked my two boys to make a 2017 Teen Boy Christmas Gift Guide to help with gift giving ideas!
Before we get to the gift guide, make sure you check out the other gift guides at the end of the post AND enter the $100 Amazon giveaway for your holiday shopping!
2017 Teen Boy Christmas Gift Guide
Clothing trends for teens are ever changing. Right now, adidas (pretty much anything) and graphic tees seems to be popular with teen boys. These are a few of the picks from my boys (not all items shown).
- Fan Merch – Find out who they like and see if they have merchandise. For example, my son likes Chance the rapper and the Kinjaz dance group, who have online stores where you can buy merchandise. Many rappers, Youtube content creators, and celebs have their own merchandise, so look them up online and see if they have a shop.
- Tokyo Cotton On Tbar Long Sleeve Graphic Shirt $19.95 or 2 for $30 – Over 33 Tbar shirts to chose from. There’s a Tbar shirt for any teen boy!
- Billabong Fuego Long-sleeve Shirt $19.99 (limited sale) – Nice stylish shirt for the winter/spring season.
- Kabuki Panda Shirt $28 – My kids love Riot Society, so almost anything from this company is a hit. An alternate shirt is this Rose Panda shirt that both my boys have.
- Champion Lightweight Hooded Rain Jacket $61.99 – Camo print rain jacket.
- RETROFIT Jonny Hoodie $44.99 – Perfect layering piece for winter.
- adidas Blackbird Sweatpant $59.99 – This pant has style and comfort rolled into one. My son says it’s like a PJ pant, which he loves.
- Santa Cruz Screaming Hand Men Coach Jacket $64.99 – Camo print is back with a force. This jacket combines the popular windbreaker with the popular trending camo print.
- adidas athletics sport ID woven jacket $64.99 – Oldest son has this jacket and my youngest son says he wants one too. Comes in black and a grey/white color way.
- adidas Originals Men’s 3-Stripes Windbreaker Jacket $77 (on sale) – If you grew up in the 80’s, you probably had a windbreaker and it’s back!
- Levi Denim Sherpa Trucker Jacket $79.99 – Another classic jacket that is popular again. Great to keep warm in class during the winter.
- adidas originals Anorak Hoodie $89.99 – Oldest son’s favorite color and this made it on his wishlist.
- Nike SB Solar Check Canvas Shoes $64.99 – Good basic everyday wear shoes.
- Vans Old Skool $65 – What’s old always come back and these Van’s old style shoes are back in!
- Nike Air Force 1 ’07 $90 – One of the most popular shoes being worn on school campus.
- Nike Men’s Air Huarache Run Running Sneakers $110 – Another white shoe that is on my youngest son’s wishlist.
- Splurge Item – adidas NMD_R1 Primeknit Shoes Running $170 (more colors) – Youngest son seems to really like these sneakers. Loves the look, comfort, and style.
- Splurge Item – adidas Men’s Ultra Boost Running Sneakers – $180 (more colors) – My oldest son saved and bought these. Surprisingly, this washes really well and is easy to maintain a clean white shoe. When it gets too dirty, he plans on having someone custom paint it, which is another trend.
- Wrist bling – Rastaclat Bracelet $10.39 or a Watch (gold or black)
- Wallets – Tommy Hilfiger Trifold Wallet $32.99 or Nixon Escape Leather Wallet $35
- Westside Pin Dot Belt $15.99
- Beanies and baseball caps
- Spotify Premium $9.99 mo. or $14.99 mo. for a family up to 6 members – While most, including my son, have the free version of Spotify, my son would love to have the premium version. His main reason is to be ad free and have unlimited skips.
- SoundCloud Go $4.99 mo. or $9.99mo. – Similar to Spotify
- Video streaming (Netflix or Hulu ) – To watch videos/movies on the go on their cell or computer/laptop/tablet.
- Game system subscription (XBOX or Playstation) – If they have an XBOX or PS4, this allows them to play with other players from around the world on certain games.
We have a Playstation 4 system, but these are available for the XBOX too.
- Splurge Item – Playstation 4 console $299 or XBOX console $299
- Overwatch Game of the Year Edition $41 – All of my kids love this game, including my youngest teen girl. PC version.
- Call of Duty: WWII $59.88 – The boys like the realistic look of this game.
- HyerX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset $49.99 – This is the one my has and he is happy with it.
- Sony Extra Bass Earbuds $26.25 – A must have for any teen is a good set of earbuds. These Sony earbuds are affordable with great sound quality.
- Portable Power Bank with Solar Option – It’s always a good idea to have a back-up charger or cell phones and tablets. Charge this power bank by plugging it in or use the power of the sun for emergencies.
- Solar Backpack – If your kid likes to spend lots of time outdoors, this is a great option bag. It not only is water/tear resistant, it has a solar panel that can charge cell phones and tablets if needed.
- Splurge Item – Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones $199.99
- Bonus Stocking Suffer – If you’re a parent buying expensive gifts, you might want to pick up a Tile, which is a Bluetooth tracking device that can be attached to things you don’t want to lose.
- Wilson NFL Super Grip Football $11.99
- Wilson NCAA MVP Rubber Basket Ball $17.91
- Mikasa Serious Soccer Ball $15.98
- The Quest Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard $68.91
There you have the 2017 Teen Boy Christmas Gift Guide! I hope this long list of curated items picked by actual teen (not a magazine editor) was useful in making your teen holiday shopping easier. If you have ideas for teen boys, please leave them in the comments below.