Have you started to decorate for Valentine’s Day yet? If not, I have a super cute and easy mini bunting tutorial that anyone can do. I promise. All you’ll need are a few items and you’re on your way. It’s a fast and simple way to add a little bit of Valentine flair to whatever you decide to drape it on.
Valentine Mini Bunting Materials:
Valentine Mini Bunting Materials for paper bunting:
1. If using fabric, paint it with Mod Podge (no pictures).
Paper triangles. I chose to make triangles that were 1″ x 5/8″
2. Cut out your bunting shapes – triangles, rectangles, or hearts. *My fabric had mini envelopes and I cut those out. I chose to leave a small tab on the top of my envelope to fold over the bakers twine, but you do not need to do this.
3. Tie a knot on the end of the bakers twine or embroidery thread. This will help prevent it from unraveling.
Hint: Make sure you leave enough thread at the end of each bunting to be able to wrap around your item. I didn’t quite leave enough thread on the end of this bunting and my tied knot was showing.
Glue cut outs onto twine or thread
4. On the backside of the cut out shape, run a small amount of glue onto the top.
5. Place the shape onto the bakers twine or embroidery thread.
And there you have it!
My hubby and his brothers being silly…I’m sure he’ll appreciate me posting this pic.
Hope you liked this tutorial and make some mini buntings of your own.