A few days ago, the blueberry farm down the street from us finally opened! Yay! We’ve been waiting…oh so patiently waiting for it to open. I don’t know why, but I find picking berries so fun and lucky for me I have a berry picking partner in my youngest daughter. She ended up picking the majority of the berries and we quickly filled up the bottom of her bucket, paid the $5 for the pint of berries, and rushed home to make some chocolate blueberry muffins.
I really wanted to try something a little different, so I picked out this Chocolate Blueberry Muffin recipe from “best-ever COOKIE BOOK” and adapted it slightly. The recipe gives the option of drizzling chocolate on the tops of the muffins and while my kids liked it, my husband preferred to have his plain. I have to agree with him. To me, this tasted better with just a pat of butter and served warm. YUM-O!
Chocolate Blueberry Muffins
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||25 minutes|
|Total time||55 minutes|
|Meal type||Breakfast, Dessert|
|From book||Adapted from - Best Ever Cookie Book|
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (can substitute 1 cup milk + 1 Tablespoon vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup heaping cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
On to the party….
I’m excited to be co-hosting this month with Tammy and Chrystal and look forward to all the wonderful recipe link ups.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts! Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy at Creative K Kids (Blog)**Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram **Chrystal at Yum Eating (Blog)**Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram **Erlene at My Pinterventures (Blog)**Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts!
- Please link up a food post you have never linked up at this party before.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. You could follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Shared at these link up parties (see my party page for direct links):
Monday: Making Monday @Decorating Chica Blogspot, Project Inspired @Cupcakes & Crinoline, Much Ado About Monday @Huckleberry Love, Motivation Monday @A Life In Balance, The Sits Girls Craft/Recipe Link Up,
Tuesday: Teach Me Tuesday @3glol, Tasty Tuesday @A Kaleidoscopic Dream, Share Your Stuff @Diamonds in the Rough, Hit Me With Your Best Shot @dolen diaries, The Makers @Upcycled Treasures, Do Tell Tuesday @Vintage Zest, Two Cup Tuesday @Pint Sized Baker
Wednesday: Wake Up Wednesday Linky @Sew Crafty Angel, Wine’d Down Wed @Busy Dizzy & Hungry, The Wed. Roundup @Crafty Wife, Creative Spark Link Party @My Paper Craze, Hump Day Happenings @A Savory Feast, Wow It’s Wednesday @Becky Charms and Co., WWEW @Orchard Girls,Four Seasons Blog Hop @Easy Life Meal and Party Planning, The Great Blog Train @Sew Crafty Angel, What’s Cookin Wednesday @Buns In My Oven
Thursday: Fabulously Frugal Thursday @A Life in Balance, Great Idea Thursday @A Handful of Everything, Link’n Blogs @Soho Sonnet, Party in Your PJs @The Cookie Puzzle
Friday: Pretty Pintastic Party @Coffee With Us 3, Inspired Weekends @Horrific Knits, Meet The Neighbors Friday @Housekaboodle, Get Him Fed Friday @Bakewell Junction, Creativity Unleashed @Practically Functional, Foodie Friday @Simple Living & Eating, Freedom Fridays @My Turn For Us, Flaunt It Friday @The Domesticated Life, Weekend Retreat @AKA Designs, Friday Pin Fest @A Conquered Mess, Family Fun Friday @Happy & Blessed Home, Let’s Get Real Friday @Juggling Real Food and Real Life, Weekend Wind-Down Party @Snippets of Inspiration, Best of the Weekend @Little Miss Celebration
Saturday: G’day Saturday @Natasha in Oz, Dare to Share @Pams Party & Practical Tips, Saturday Show-licious @Sewlicious Home Decor