A few days ago, the blueberry farm down the street from us finally opened! Yay! We’ve been waiting…oh so patiently waiting for it to open. I don’t know why, but I find picking berries so fun and lucky for me I have a berry picking partner in my youngest daughter. She ended up picking the majority of the berries and we quickly filled up the bottom of her bucket, paid the $5 for the pint of berries, and rushed home to make some chocolate blueberry muffins.
I really wanted to try something a little different, so I picked out this Chocolate Blueberry Muffin recipe from “best-ever COOKIE BOOK” and adapted it slightly. The recipe gives the option of drizzling chocolate on the tops of the muffins and while my kids liked it, my husband preferred to have his plain. I have to agree with him. To me, this tasted better with just a pat of butter and served warm. YUM-O!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (can substitute 1 cup milk + 1 Tablespoon vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup heaping cup fresh blueberries
Topping - Optional
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line muffin pans with standard paper liners or grease pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate until smooth over medium heat. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Gently fold in flour and baking soda just until blended. It will be a little lumpy, but go ahead and fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the muffin liners, filling it 3/4 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Topping - Optional
Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave just until it melts. Stir. Drizzle onto the tops of the muffins. I used a pastry bag.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set for Nonstick Cookware
Caperci Standard Natural Cupcake Liners 500 Count, No Smell, Food Grade & Grease-Proof Baking Cups Paper
Good Cook 3-Piece Mixing Spoons Set
Nonstick Muffin Baking Pan, 12 cups - Set of 2
Superior Glass Mixing Bowls with Lids - 8 Piece Mixing Bowl Set with BPA- Free lids