St. Patrick’s Day Blog Hop – Rainbow Tassel Necklace
Thank you for joining me for this St. Patrick’s Day Blog Hop! We’ve got 17 crazy talented bloggers sharing St. Patrick’s Day crafts – on a budget! Each blogger was given a budget of no more than $10 and challenged to create a St. Patrick’s Day craft using items from the dollar store or dollar section of their local stores.
Let’s meet these crafty bloggers!
Rainbow Tassel Necklace
I have to admit that I bent the rules for this challenge. I only used one item from the Dollar store with the remaining items purchased at the craft store using coupons, which helped keep me at $10. However, I have a good reason for breaking the rules – my daughter needed something green to keep her pinch-free on St. Patrick’s Day. And since green clothing isn’t her fave, we decided to create a Rainbow Tassel Necklace!
- gold necklace (I used a 24″)
- 1 – plastic gold coin
- 2 – 7mm gold jump rings
- green, orange, red, yellow, blue, and violet embroidery thread or keep it simple and just use green (buy the bulk bags and use a 50% coupon if available)
- drill with 1/16 drill bit
- flat nose pliers
- Use a ruler and find the center of the gold coin.
- Use the felt pen and mark two points near the edge on the top and bottom of the coin.
- Drill through the two marks. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of cardboard 2″ x 4″ or use the cardboard from the jump ring/necklace packaging.
- Tape the green thread onto the front of the cardboard.
- Wrap the thread around the cardboard 5 times around. Tape the end down to the back of the cardboard and cut.
- Repeat the above two steps with each thread color.
- Cut an 8″ length of green thread and run it under all the thread loops. Tie in a tight knot.
- Slide all the loops off the cardboard. Set aside.
- With 12″ of green thread, create a loop. Place the loop near the top of the tassel, with the round side down towards the bottom.
- Decide how big you want the top of your tassel. Start the first wrap the free end of the green thread towards the bottom of the tassel about 5 – 6 times. Take the end of the thread and pull it tight through the loop. Knot and tuck under the wrapped threads.
- Cut through the thread loops.
- Trim the bottom of the tassel to even the thread lengths.
- Add a jump ring to the top of the coin. Close with pliers.
- Add a jump ring through the top tie of the tassel and add to the bottom hole of the coin. Close with pliers.
And there you have a finished Rainbow Tassel Necklace to ensure a pinch-free St. Patrick’s Day.
Check out the rest of the budget crafts!
- C’mon Get Crafty
- My Pinterventures
- Dazzle While Frazzled
- Made in a Day
- Redo It Yourself Inspirations
- Garden Chick
- DIY Adulation
- Our Good Life
- Organized Island
- Our Crafty Mom
- Happily Ever After, Etc
- One More Time
- Just a Little Creativity
- Crayons in My Camera Bag
Do you have a budget friendly St. Patrick’s Day craft to share? Link up your project below and be seen on all 16 blogs!