Updated 2021 to new cards.
I’m excited to be sharing my first craft project of 2015! Christmas is over and soon it will be time for all things Valentine’s Day. To kick off my Valentine’s Day crafts, I’m sharing a Scratch-off Valentine’s Day Lunch Box Jokes Printable. Pack these Valentine’s Day jokes in a lunch box, hide them in their backpacks, or any other spot to give your kids a fun surprise.
Note: these are free! These are for personal use, so please do not sell these.
To start this project, print out all three of the Scratch-off Valentine’s Day Lunch Box Jokes Templates. I tried to keep the majority of the cards white to help conserve printer ink.
Print off Scratch-off Valentine’s Day Tic-Tac-Toe and Answer Key.
Happy early Valentine’s Day crafting! What will you be packing in your Valentine’ Day lunch?
- Cardstock (white)
- Valentine’s Day Lunch Box Jokes Printables (see links in instructions)
- Red acrylic paint
- Dish liquid
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Paint palette or disposable dish for paint
- Sponge brush or paint brush
- Optional - something to protect/cover the work surface. I use paper.
- Print out the Scratch-off Valentine's Day Lunch Box Jokes template AND the Scratch-off Valentine's Day Lunch Box Jokes Heart template. Optional - Scratch-off Valentine's Day Answer Key and Tic-Tac-Toe Game.
- To make the scratch-off paint, mix together 1 tablespoon red paint with 1 1/2 teaspoons of dish liquid (I used Dawn) in the paint palette.
- Cut out the heart templates along the dotted lines. Use it to measure out how much contact paper to cut out. Next, tape down the heart template to the work surface (paper). Then, tape the contact paper over the heart template with the non-adhesive side facing up. Paint on a thin layer of paint with the foam brush and let it dry. Paint on one to two more layers of paint, letting the paint dry between coats.
- When the paint is dry, remove the contact paper and heart template from the work surface. Take the heart template and place on top of the painted contact paper. To help hold the pieces together, use tape along the edges to attach the template and contact paper. Then, use the heart template to cut hearts out of the contact paper, being careful to cut on the outer edge of the heart.
- Once all the hearts are cut out, peel off the backing of the contact paper and place over the lunch box note hearts. If you can still clearly see the answers, add a bit more paint onto the hearts. Let dry.
- Using a scissors or paper-cutter, cut out all the note cards. Once completed, you will have 10 scratch-off Valentine’s Day lunch box jokes*, 3 coupons(use for special treats or free chore days), 2 mini games, and 2 tic-tac-toe games.
Alternative – If you don’t want to paint, try using washi tape over the contact paper and using it as a peel away.
*Scratch-off Valentine’s Day Lunch Box Jokes can be scratched off with your nail or any flat hard surface.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Con-Tact Brand Clear Adhesive Protective Liner to Cover Books and Documents, 13.5-Inches x 5-Feet (05F-C7R100-12)
Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint in Assorted Colors (2 oz), 20501, Bright Red
Bates- Foam Paint Brushes, 16pcs, 2 Inch, Sponge Brushes, Sponge Paint Brush, Foam Brushes, Foam Brushes for Painting, Foam Brushes for Staining, Paint Sponges, Foam Sponge Brush
4 Pack, Paint Pallet, Paint Tray, Paint Palette
Hammermill Cardstock, 60 lb, 162 GSM, Premium Color Copy, 8.5x11 - 1 Pack (250 Sheets) - 100 Bright, Made In The USA Card Stock
Fiskars Craft Scissors