I’m so excited and honored that Rachel from Craving Some Creativity nominated me for a Liebster Award! This is my first award ever in the blogging world and I feel so special. Thank you so much Rachel.
What is a Liebster Award? I’ve seen this around the web, but really had no idea what it was all about. After some research, I found that the word “Liebster” is a German word that means sweetest, beloved, dearest, kind, and welcome. This award is given to new bloggers to help welcome them into the blogging community and to help with blog exposure. How awesome is that?
If you choose to accept, which I did, the rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5- 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
Rachel’s Questions for me & the answers
1. What are your hobbies that you do not blog about?
I’m new to blogging and love it, but I don’t blog about blogging. I’ve thought about it since I’ve learned so much and would love to share what I’ve learned so far. I also used to sew quite a bit for my little girls and haven’t blogged about that either. I had an Etsy shop (BCBGCreations) that had some sewn little girl things a long time ago. Currently it has my husband’s paracord bracelets listed in it.
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love learning new things and “meeting” new bloggers. There is so much talent in the blogsphere that I love soaking up.
3. What have you found most difficult about blogging?
Learning how to use social media to its full potential and just keeping up with the fast pace of it. I just started using Hootsuite and it has saved me so much time in tweeting.
4. What is your favorite item or outfit in your closet?
My American Eagle jeans are my favorite thing in my closet. I wear jeans all the time.
5. What is your favorite post that you have written (with link)?
My favorite post is Girl’s Day & Chi Chi Dango Recipe. http://mypinterventures.com/girls-day-hina-matsuri-chi-chi-dango-recipe/
6. If you were a superhero, what would be your super ability?
This is a tough one. Can it be to stop time? There never seems to be enough time to do the things you need or want to do…lol.
7. How much time do you spend on social media a day?
When I first started blogging, it was too much time (5-6 hours) and my housework suffered. I’ve now made a commitment to limit how much time I spend doing each daily task and try my best to stay off for extended periods on the weekends. I’ve also decided not to put too much effort in Facebook to grow my blog and focus on other social media avenues.
8. What blog idol would you like to meet in person?
Pauline Cabrera of Twelveskip.com because her blog is a plethora of social media info.
9. What would your dream vacation be?
There are two places that I would love to visit. The first would be a cruise to Alaska to see all the large glaciers and Japan.
10. What has been the best advice you have received about blogging?
Not to compare blog success against other blogs (especially the big ones). I have to set realistic goals for myself and my blog.
11. What is the theme song of your life?
Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer
11 Random Facts About Me
- I was a Gymboholic (hardcore Gymboree shopper) and at one time new every line name for several years.
- My favorite tv show is Walking Dead. No it’s not just a show about Zombies. It’s more about us as humans and the choices we have to make to survive in a new world.
- Even though I have no rhythm, I like hip hop music and dance. I would love to see the Jabbawockeez in Las Vegas.
- I’m terribly awkward in social situations until you talk to me one on one.
- My favorite food is sushi.
- I used to work for Ann Taylor for over 10 years before becoming a SAHM (loved it).
- I have a respiratory therapy degree.
- I secretly want to become a virtual blog assistant – anyone want to hire me? 🙂
- I hate beer and will gag on it, but I love wine.
- I don’t wear heels or dresses.
- I sleep at an angle on the bed, which drives my husband crazy.
- BONUS – spiders freak me out.
- BONUS – I was born with a cleft lip and have two scars from it.
People I Am Nominating
- Saxon @Let’s Drink Coffe, Darling
- Carie @Sweet and Savory Spence
- Ashley @3 Little Greenwoods
- Bj @Bj’s Sweet Nothings
- Marisa @Cooking Like Lou
Questions for Nominees
- What do you enjoy & hate the most about blogging?
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing?
- What is your favorite tv show?
- What is your favorite food?
- What are three of your favorite blogs?
- What blogging tip would you share with other bloggers?
- What are your 3 things you couldn’t live without?
- How many hours a day do spend working on things for your blog?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Where is your favorite place to shop for yourself?
- What is your favorite holiday?
That was fun. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me.