It’s time for another craft de-stash challenge! This time, I’m sharing a Floral Decoupage Spring Bunny to to add to your Easter decor.
- Use items already in our craft stash.
- If needed, a $10 limit for additional supplies.
[Tweet “DIY Floral Decoupage Spring Bunny #craftdestash #craft #spring”]
Floral Decoupage Spring Bunny
- paper mache bunny
- floral paper – Use a floral print napkin if you can find one you like
- paint brush
- Mod Podge
- paper flowers
- chenille pipe cleaner
- white acrylic paint
- hot glue/glue gun
- gold Sharpie pen (optional)
How to make a Floral Decoupage Spring Bunny:
The bunny I used for this craft de-stash challenge had a broken ear that was repaired with glue, so it made the perfect base for a decoupage craft. It’s been patiently sitting in my craft area for 2 years! Poor thing waited a long time to be beautified. The only supplies I needed were floral paper and a package of coordinating paper flowers (under $5).
- Give the paper mache bunny 2 coats of white acrylic paint.
- Tear the paper into small pieces.
- Place a generous amount of Mod Podge on the bunny and some to the back of the paper.
- Place the paper on the bunny and apply more Mod Podge on top.
- Repeat these steps until the entire bunny is covered.
- Optional – Do not decoupage over the inner ears if you would like to color them in with gold Sharpie pen.
- Glue flowers onto the back of the bunny.
- Add ribbon around the neck and tie into a bow.
- Wrap the tail with chenille pipe cleaner (optional).
- Color the inside of the ears with gold Sharpie pen (optional).
Now, the once broken and plain paper mache bunny is ready to be displayed in a fun Easter vignette!
More Craft De-stash ideas ~