Looking for a creative way to season your turkey? Here are 20 ethnic & regional flavored Thanksgiving turkey recipes that are sure to make your taste buds sing.
I haven’t decided how I want to cook my turkey this year, but my kids have asked for something different. I usually make the traditional herb roasted turkey, so I’ve been on a mission to look for a Thanksgiving turkey recipe with a flavor twist. Here are a few of my top picks…
Regional Flavored Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
Southern Turkey Recipes
Maple, bourbon, sweet tea…oh my! These turkey recipes scream of Southern flavor.
- Maple-Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage Butter @Five Heart Home
- Southern Brined Sweet Tea Turkey Breast @Cooking with Janica
- Apple-Bourbon Turkey and Gravy @Southern Living
Hawaiian Island Turkey Recipes
Bring the taste of the Hawaiian Islands into Thanksgiving for ‘broke da mout’ flavors.
- Hawaiian Style Turkey Marinade @Valley Isle Excursions
- Hawaiian-Portuguese Smoked Turkey @My Recipes
- Oven Kalua Turkey @Hawaiian Electric
West Coast Turkey Recipes
Bright citrus and herbs give a lighter and more subtle flavor to these West Coast turkey recipes.
- Citrus & Herb Brined Roasted Turkey @Intelligent Domestications
- California Roast Turkey and Gravy @Fine Cooking
- Pacific Northwestern Roast Turkey and Gravy @Fine Cooking
- Herb-Roasted Turkey with Wild Mushroom Gravy @Food & Wine
East Coast Turkey Recipes
- New England Roast Turkey @ Cooking NYTimes
- New England Roast Turkey with Gravy @Fine Cooking
- Maple Roast Turkey and Gravy @All Recipes
Ethnic Flavored Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes
Walk on the wild side of Thanksgiving turkey flavors with bold Asian, Mexican, and Italian rubs, marinades, and glazes.
Asian Turkey Recipes
- Peking-Style Roast Turkey with Molasses-Soy Glaze and Orange-Ginger Glaze @epicurious
- Asian Spiced Thanksgiving Turkey @A Spicy Perspective
- Chinese Roast Turkey @Shelley in Real Life
Mexican Turkey Recipes
- Mexican Lime-Poached Roasted Turkey @¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
- Pati Jinich’s Mexican Thanksgiving Turkey @kitchn
- Chile-Rubbed Turkey @bon appetit
- Apricot and Tequila Glazed Turkey @Food Network
Italian Turkey Recipes
- Turkey with Herbes de Provence and Citrus @ Food Network
- Italian -style Turkey Crown with roast garlic & pancetta & lemon ciabatta stuffing @BBC Good Food
How will you flavor your Thanksgiving Turkey – traditional, regional, ethnic?