I’m back! Remember the Candy Lei with Candy Box Pendant I posted yesterday? Well today, I’m going to show you how to jazz up a plain candy lei and turn it into an Easy Accordion Fold Money Flower Candy Lei!
Easy Accordion Fold Money Flower Candy Lei
- 1 candy lei with candy box pendant or regular candy lei
- curling ribbon
- 1 1/2″ gross grain ribbon
- crisp bills – I used 5 bills (use $1, $5, $10, or even $20 bills)
Step 1 – How to make money flowers:
- Accordion fold each bill on the short end.
- Bend each bill in half so the folded ends meet.
- Tape the folded edges together to create round flowers.
- Thread a 12″ piece of curling ribbon through the ends. Set aside.
Step 2 – Candy Box and Lei Completion
- Glue the gross grain ribbon vertically down the center of the candy box.
- Tie curly ribbon onto the box as if you were wrapping a present.
- Tie money flower to cover the front center. Curl the ribbon ends.
- Add more curling ribbon to the center and curl as needed.
- Decided where you would like the remaining money flowers and tie on. Curl the ribbon ends.
- Optional – add on additional decorations of your choice (grad hats or other paper decorations).
(Shown layered with a plain candy lei)
And that’s all it takes to create an Easy Accordion Fold Money Flower Candy Lei!