Thank you so much for joining me in this blog hop today! I’ve teamed up with 11 other extremely talented bloggers to share our Easter crafts on a budget. Each of us was given a budget of no more than $10 and challenged to create an Easter inspired craft using items from the dollar store or dollar section of our local stores. If you have any budget-friendly Easter crafts to share, please add it to the link-up at the bottom of this post so it can be seen on all of our blogs!
Meet the Hosts!
DIY Giant Easter Carrots
Today, I’m sharing a super easy Easter craft made from items found at the Dollar Tree stores – DIY Giant Easter Carrots. I’ve seen tons of fabric Easter carrots all over Pinterest and have always wanted to make my own version, so this Dollar Store Easter Craft Blog Hop gave me the perfect opportunity. All you need is a few basic craft tools and $6 worth of Dollar Tree supplies.
[Tweet “DIY Giant Easter Carrots & Easter Craft Blog Hop #Easter #bloggerswanted”]
Supplies – Items in blue were bought at Dollar Tree:
- styrofoam cones – 3x or the amount you want to make
- green raffia
- orange tablecloth
- poster board (optional)
- glue gun/hot glue
- Create a string compass to measure 9.75″.
- Create a large circle on poster board with the string compass. Should measure about 19.5″ wide.
- Use the circle template to trace a circle onto the table cover and cut out. A large circle can also be drawn freehand.
- Use the tip of the scissors to make a 1″ wide x 1″ deep hole on the wide end of the styrofoam cone.
- Put the tip of the cone onto the center of the round table cover. I wrapped two with the wrong side of the table cover facing out and one with the right side facing out.
- Add glue into the hole. Pleat and press the table cover into the glue.
- Repeat the above step until all the edges of the table cover are pressed into the center of the cone.
- Unravel the raffia and cut a 4″ long bunch.
- Add glue into the hole.
- Press the raffia into the glue. Let dry.
That’s it! The Moss Bunnies are ready to dine on their DIY Giant Easter Carrots!
Looking for more budget-friendly Easter crafts? Visit these blogs for their creative ideas! And be sure to share your $10 or less Easter crafts in the link-up below and be seen on all 12 blogs!