Spring is in full swing and if you’re like me, it marks the start of spring cleaning fever. While I tend to clean what I see on a daily basis and try my best to keep up with deep cleaning, there are still places that I tend to forget or put off for later (mostly I put it off for later). To help make cleaning these areas a little easier for all of us, I’ve rounded up deep cleaning tips for 16 places we tend to forget to clean regularly.
I think for the most part, we tend to keep our kitchens pretty clean. However, there are a few areas that don’t always get our daily clean loving.
- How to Clean a Greasy Range Hood Filter @The Kitchn – Uses Dawn soap and very hot water
- How to Clean that Greasy Stove Hood @One Good Thing by Jillee – Uses boiling water and baking soda
- How to Clean Range Hood Grease Filter @Compact Appliance – Uses hot water and auto degreaser
- How to Black Scorch Marks Off Gas Burners & Stove Top @eHow – Tips on how to clean enamel, stainless steel stove tops and burners
- Clean the Burner Assembly @Family Handyman – How to remove and clean the burner assembly
- How to Clean Gas Grate Burners for Pennies @What Rose Knows -Uses ammonia, plastic tube, and foil
- How to Refinish Stove Grates @SF Gate – How to remove grease build-up and how to repaint your grates
- How to Clean Your Dishwasher @My Frugal Adventures – Uses vinegar
- How to Clean Your Dishwasher @Tidy Mom – Uses vinegar, baking soda, and removes parts
- How to Clean Your Dishwasher @One Good Thing by Jillee – Uses vinegar, baking soda, and tips on mold/mildew problems
- How to Clean the Tops of Greasy Cabinets @My Pinterventures – How to clean using baking soda/vinegar and with chemicals. Tip to keep it clean.
- How to Clean Grease from Kitchen Cabinet Doors @eHow – Several ways to clean kitchen cabinets
When was the last time you REALLY cleaned your computer? I’m not just talking about wiping down the screen and keyboard. I’m talking about getting down-n-dirty and cleaning out the computer tower and under the keys on your keyboard. You’ll be surprised at how much dirt and dusty comes out of these areas.
- How to clean your computer: Computer Maintenance 101 @Julieverse – General tips on how to clean your computer tower
- Cleaning the Computer and it’s Components @Computer Hope – Has tips on how to clean almost everything on your computer: keyboard, mouse, screen and more
- How to Clean Your Computer Keyboard Safely @The Mamas Girls – Uses magic eraser and compressed air
- How to Clean a Keyboard @How to Clean Things – This is a deep clean step-by-step on getting under the keys
- How to Clean your Keyboard, Cellphone, Tablet, and other Electronics @Real Simple – Tips on what type of commercial items to use to clean the keyboard
I know the living room is the gathering place in our house. It’s a place that everyone gravitates to and is always in need of cleaning.
- Clean a Remote Control: Cleaning Essential Series @Clean My Space – Uses rubbing alcohol, cotton swabs, toothbrush, and a cloth
- How to Clean a Portable Fan @Rachel Ray – How to clean round portable fans
- How to Clean Your Box Fan @Hub Pages – Requires a screwdriver, sprayer, vacuum, cloth, and more.
- Pillowcase as a Ceiling Fan Duster @Real Simple – Quick and easy way to clean ceiling fan blades
- How to Clean Upholstered Furniture @Tidy Mom – Deep clean upholstered furniture with a Rug Doctor and tips on how to properly do it.
- How to Clean Your Microfiber Furniture the Safe and Easy Way @One Good Thing – Teaches you how to assess your furniture and what to use to clean it.
- Deep Clean Your Natural Fiber Couch for Better Snuggling @PopSugar
The bedroom is our sanctuary after a hard day, which is why we need to spend the extra time to keep this room clean.
- How to Clean a Mattress @Better Home and Gardens – Use a vacuum or beat it outside
- Spring Clean Your Mattress @Make It Do – Uses baking soda, vacuum, and essential oil
- How to Clean a Mattress @I Dream of Clean – Tips on cleaning your mattress and several stains too
- How to Wash and Whiten Yellowed Pillows @One Good Thing by Jillee
- Clean Your Pillows! @Clean My Space – Tips on how to load pillows into different washers with drying tips
- How to Clean and Dry Your Pillows @My Frugal Adventures – Similar to #2 with a few more details
Who knew the place you wash your clothes could get so dirty? Do you remember the last time your cleaned your wash machine and dryer?
- How to Clean Your Washing Machine @Clean and Scentsible – How to clean your front loader
- How to Clean a Top Load Washing Machine with Vinegar and Bleach @Practically Functional
- Dryer Vent Cleaning @About Home – Through step-by-step on cleaning the dryer vents
- How to Clean Your Dryer @Clean and Scentsible
I’m so ready for summer grilling and here are some great tips to get your BBQ grill ready.
- Clean Your Air Conditioner Condenser Unit @The Family Handyman
- Cleaning BBQ Grills The Magic Way @Made from Pinterest – Uses ammonia for grill cleaning
- Free-for-all: Summer Done Bright @House Tweaking – cleaning the entire grill
- How to Clean Your BBQ Grill @Cherished Bliss – cleaning the grill with Tide Oxiclean
- Clean Your BBQ! @Clean My Space – Great tips on maintenance and cleaning how to
Cleaning Tools/Vacuum (Update 4/21/2015)
I almost forgot! When was the last time you cleaned your cleaning tools? I know I clean my vacuum when the suctions decreases or my girls’ hair clogs up the roller, but I don’t remember when I actually deep cleaned my broom and other cleaning items.
- How to Clean A Bagless Vacuum @Angela Says
- How to Clean Your Dyson @Ask Anna
- How to Clean Your Cleaning Tools @One Good Thing
Now you’re ready to get your deep clean on! What’s the first deep cleaning task on your spring cleaning “to do” list?