Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite dips ever – clam dip. I love it, the kids love it, and I hope you’ll love it too. For those of you watching your firgure, it even tastes great using Neufchatal cheese for a lower calorie version.
I like my dip on the tart side, so I put lots of lemon and Worcestershire sauce. For me, this dip is the perfect combination of thick and creamy clam goodness.
I didn’t get any pictures of the preparation because it’s a super quick and easy process. Pretty much a dump in the food processor and blend type of dip. However, I do have a picture of the finished product :-).
Yum! That’s my daughter’s hand taking a scoop of clam dip.
Good for two bags of chips
- 2 (8 oz.) softened blocks cream cheese or Neufchatal cheese
- 4 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. clam juice (juice from chopped claims)
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp. grated onion (can substitute with 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder)
- 1/2 tsp. California style garlic powder or regular garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 (6.5 oz.) cans chopped clams drained (keep juice)
- Place everything, except for the chopped clams, into a food processor.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the food processor to get all the liquids combined into the dip.
- Once combined, place the chopped clams into the processor and pulse (3-4 times) just until the clams are combined.
- Place dip into a container to chill in refrigerator or serve as is.